Thursday, February 12, 2009

Poem of an Unknown Soldier

Does your mind take you as the wind, into different directions?

With me, it does so often and today is no exception.

Once again I am in a frame of mind;

far removed from a world full of noise and bother.

And I remember a poem that I hold very dear;

it was written during World War I or II.


















Poem by Unknown Solider -

Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep



Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.


















I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight.

















I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there, I did not die.


1 comment:

Brother Tobias said...

Some say it was written by the late Mary Frye - perhaps the only really good thing she did. (There is hope for us all then!)