Thursday, January 22, 2009

Behind these windows

I just remembered the name of a book once read whilst I stayed in Chelsea. U.K. Behind the scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson (recommended by BT).

And one day when thunder and crashing lightning rocked the city of London, I had hurried up the narrow stairs to pick up this book... and bask gratefully in the weak dash of sunshine on the carpet in front of my narrow little bed.

There was another time when three South Africans ran to the nearby pizzeria in Maida Vale, just to return home with a take away to have a chili competition. Which landed me and the other U.K. participant Andy taking turns sticking our heads in Julie’s freezer. But that is another story…

Blondie is celebrating her birthday in the thundery dusty City of Roses today. I won’t give away the secret, but she wobbles ever so precariously on the little stone set between under- and over the middle line of a number.

Went on an outing with the students this morning. What I would like to know, is what business a hair lecturer and students have on a Thursday morning at such a place of all places?

Blondie said maybe they thought that’s where she belongs…

Tsk. I have no idea what she’s talking about. The idea of precious goods kept for viewing to the public rather appeals to me…

At least she had the sense to smuggle a bottle of bubbly in and drink to the well of youthful experiences awaiting her this year.

The year ‘Two Thousand And Fine’ is just going to be great for Blondie. I know and feel it in my bones.

Nine out of ten times I’m right…

No comments: